The Hospitality Administration M.S. is offered through the Hospitality Management graduate program. Admission to the program requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Regular admission requires a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Completion of the following prerequisite coursework is required for regular admission:
- accounting or finance
- management concepts
- foodservice management, event, and/or lodging management
If these prerequisites are not met, the student may be admitted provisionally with the expectation that these deficiencies will be removed within the first two semesters at K-State.
Industry experience in some aspect of hospitality management is preferred. If the student has no industry-related work experience, 1000 hours of such experience must be completed during the degree program.
All applicants are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). International applicants are required to submit results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English.
- Applicants who are submitting a paper-based TOEFL (PBT) test scores must have a minimum total score of 550 with no part score below 55 on reading or listening sections and a TWE (Test of Written English) score of 5.0 or higher.
- Applicants who are submitting an IELTS score must have a minimum total score of 6.5 with part scores of 6.5 or higher on the reading, listening, and writing sections.
- Applicants who are submitting a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score must have a minimum total score of 58 with part scores of 58 or higher.
- Applicants who are submitting iBT TOEFL (internet based) scores must have a minimum total score of 79 with no part score below 20 on the reading, listening, or writing sections. An international applicant who has received a degree in the last two years from an accredited college or university in the United States is exempt from this requirement.
More information in regards to English Proficiency Requirements can be found online: http://www.k-state.edu/grad/admissions/application-process/international/
International applicants must also submit an Affidavit of Financial Support.
Application materials required include: official transcript of all completed academic work; GRE or GMAT scores and TOEFL scores, if applicable; statement of objectives; resume;and an Affidavit of Financial Support, if applicable. Students desiring to apply for the M.S. program submit the above materials online using the link: https://www.applyweb.com/kstateg .
Applicants will be able to designate three individuals for letters of recommendation online. Enter the contact information of each reference online, and the system will request the letters of recommendation. Recommenders will upload their letters directly to your application using the links provided.
Application materials are reviewed by graduate faculty and recommendations forwarded to the Graduate School.