Mar 29, 2023
Minimum 120 credit hours required
Bachelor’s degree requirements
General Education Requirements (33-34 hours)
Communications (8-9 hours)
- Any department of English literature or Department of Modern Languages literature course Credits: 3
Fine arts appreciation
- Any nonperformance appreciation class in the Departments of Art, Architecture, Modern Languages or the School of Music, Theatre and Dance Credits: 3
Social Science (6 hours)
Elective from Departments of AMETH, ANTH, ECON, GEOG, GWSS, HIST, POLSC, PSYCH, SOCIO Credits: 3
Global Issues and Perspective course (tagged as meeting the K-State 8 requirements) from Departments of AMETH, ANTH, ECON, GEOG, GWSS, HIST, POLSC, PSYCH, SOCIO Credits: 3
Natural Science (7 hours)
- Class with one lab required Credits: 7
Quantitative Sciences (6 hours)
Teacher Education Courses (29-32 hours)
Pre-Professional Coursework (8 hours)
Professional Components (9-10 hours)
Admission to teacher education required.
Ed Studies Core (12-15 hours)
Area of Emphasis (36 hours)
Education Core (12 hours)
Select courses to support professional goals with advisor approval. At least 9 hours must be 300-level or higher and taken at K-State.
Supporting Courses (24 hours)
Select courses to support professional goals with advisor approval. At least 15 hours must be 300-level or higher and taken at K-State.
The student must submit to his or her B.S.E.S. committee (two faculty members, one of which must be from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction), a program of study focusing upon themes of excellence to prepare him or her for various career fields.
Themes may focus upon, but are not limited to:
- Global Education & Development
- Museum, Non-Profit, & Outreach Education
- Outdoor Education
- Pastoral & Religious Education
- Pedagogy for Educational Contexts
- Social Justice Education
Total hours required for graduation (120)